Friday, October 06, 2006

Gretna Heritage Festival

This weekend is the Gretna Heritage Festival. Gretna is on the Westbank, across the river from New Orleans. The Fest is tonight, Sat and Sunday. It's nowhere near as big as the Jazz Fest. They set up four stages and block off the streets and have vendors set up crafts and foods. There are rides and games for the kids. A fun time for all as they say. The acts are ususally local acts or former big names like Grand Funk Railroad. Not that some of these big names aren't worth seeing but I'm more interested in the local acts. Tonight is Irene Sage and Benny Grunch. Tommorrow is Theresa Anderson and Sunday is Rosie Ledet and Amanda Shaw. Tommorrow I'll only be able to see Theresa and than have to leave. Will Hoge is playing downtown tommorrow night. Will is an act not to be missed.

It was strange being in Gretna tonight. I used to live on the Westbank. I lived over there for at least ten years. I haven't been to Gretna in years. I still go to the Westbank because that is where my brother lives, but I haven't had a reason to go to Gretna in a long time. I have to say, it hasn't changed. It looked pretty much exactly like I remember.

Where we were watching the concerts was over the levee next to the river. The rest of the Fest was on the other side of the levee. We had a nice crowd, but not that big. So after Irene finished Larry and I walked over the levee to be greeted by a whole lot of people. The place was packed. I had no idea that there would be this many people there.

So I took some pictures of New Orleans from across the river that I'm going to try to post on here.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/