Monday, June 05, 2006

A ReVisit To An Old Friend...Joey

I know Joey is a favorite topic of a show that went so wrong from a show that was so good. I am a big Friends fan, got all ten seasons on DVD. Watched most of the first year of Joey, haven't seen as much of the second. Never got crazy over it when I watched it. So why did I buy the DVD of the first season of Joey? No idea, but thought I would give it try. I've always liked the character and thought it would be interesting to watch it all within a few sittings.

I'm almost done with the first season and let me tell you, it's a lot better than I thought. No where near the level of Friends. The biggest difference is that Friends moved from eposide to eposide and you felt the characters growing and changing. Joey has a little of that, but it seems to be more of a sit com of get the jokes out, let's not worry so much about character development. I think some of the biggest problems came because Joey never developed supporting characters. The only one that I warmed up to was his nephew. Everyone raved about the chemistry between Joey and the actress that played his sister, but I never saw it. And the plot line where his neighbor Alex was secretly in love with him, but couldn't tell him. Didn't we see that on Friends and done a lot better?

So after trashing it I still find that I am enjoying the first season of Joey. It's made me laugh. And Matt LeBlanc as Joey is great. Joey is such a great character.

What I regret is now we'll never see any of the other Friends come visit Joey.

No comments:


Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 24 January 2007 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact John @ JohnH985@gmail.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/